Consulting and General Management
Olin designed the Consulting and General Management Platform for MBA students interested in careers with one of two distinguishing characteristics: (a) a consultative approach to problem-solving, as an internal consultant or working as a professional in a consultancy, or (b) employment in organizations where solutions to such problems typically require engagement across multiple functional domains.
The specific concentrations in this Platform include careers in consultancies (strategy, human resources, and economics/finance); "internal" consulting positions within large organizations; and "rotational leadership" and other developmental programs that lead to general management positions where graduates lead business units or firms. This platform also serves as a foundation for students interested in the Business of Healthcare, Entrepreneurship, and International Management.
Download PDF of Consulting and General Management foundation courses and concentrations.
- Platform Director: Professor Ray Sparrowe, Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior
- WCC Career Advisor: Brad McLeod (General Management), Gary Musto (Consulting)
- MBA Programs Liaison: Joe Fox
- Club/Organization: General Management Association (GMA), other clubs as specified by concentration
- Credit Requirements: 20 or 21.5 credits (9.5 foundation credits, 9 concentration credits, and at least one experiential learning component for an additional 1.5 or 3 credits)