We want to make the process easy for you and ask that you review and follow the online instructions carefully.
Most application components, including application fee, can be submitted electronically. Please do not send application or financial documents by postage mail. Documents sent by postage mail may delay application processing.
Submit the following to complete your application:
- An Olin application – Forms, essays, and a résumé submitted online.
- Academic transcripts – From all colleges or universities you’ve attended, including any graduate or professional course work. Transcripts should include all course work taken with corresponding grades and any transcript instructions/descriptions provided by the institution.
Submit by electronic upload into the online application (2 MB maximum) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to submit an unofficial copy, you may submit an official copy by mail.
Standardized test scores
Submit by electronic upload (preferred method) into the online application, or email: email@example.com.
GMAT or GRE – Olin requires either the GMAT or GRE, up to five years old. The GMAT institution code for the Master of Accounting is R4T-WG-62. The GRE institution code is 4937. For GMAT information or registration, go to www.mba.com.
TOEFL or IELTS (Academic Format) – Required if your native language is not English, unless 1) you have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at a college or university where the primary medium of instruction is English or 2) you have completed at least two or more years of study at a college or university in a country where the primary language is English. The TOEFL institution code for Washington University in St. Louis is 6929. The TOEFL or IELTS is not required for U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents.
- Application Fee. The application fee is $100, and payment can be made with a credit card.
- We do not require, nor do we review, letters of recommendation as a part of the application to this program.
- Personal Statement. Rather than asking you for an assorted series of short essay responses, we require that you submit one comprehensive personal statement regarding your interest in the MACC program and your personal and professional aspirations. We believe that this relatively open-ended requirement will allow you to more fully express your candidacy for our program.
If you are accepted for admission, you'll need to submit official transcripts and test scores. Request transcripts from each university or college you have attended. You must supply the original transcript even if the credit or grades are noted on another transcript. Enclose a self-addressed, postage-paid return envelope so the registrar can return the transcript to you.
Invitation-only interviews are conducted at the discretion of the Admissions Committee after the submission of a complete application.
Information for Re-applicants
If you have previously submitted an application to any Olin graduate program, you should not create a new application. Rather, if you wish to reapply to the same Olin degree program or to a different Olin program, please proceed as follows:
1. Enter your online application account using your original User Name and Password.
2. Click on the “Application for Admission” link.
3. Use the “Reapplication Access” link on the left to request access to the reapplication section.
4. Once you submit/save this request, a “Reapplication Section” link will appear on the left.
5. Click on the “Reapplication Section” link. You may then proceed with filling out the reapplication. Clicking the “Save” button on the bottom of the page will result in the submission of your reapplication.
Olin Business School
Campus Box 1133
One Brookings Drive
Saint Louis, MO 63130-4899