Olin/United Way Board Fellows
Innovative Learning. Delivering Impact as Community Leaders.
Created in 2010 as a mutually beneficial way for business students and community groups to work together, the Olin/United Way Board Fellows program is taking second-year MBA students from the classroom to the nonprofit boardroom and providing a unique lesson in leadership.
Students must apply for the board positions and undergo a vetting process. The candidates are appointed and serve a one-year term as full-fledged voting members.
Several area United Way member agencies have already benefitted from Olin/United Way Board Fellows:
- Crime Victim Advocacy Center
- Crisis Food Center
- International Institute
- Senior Services Plus
- SouthSide Early Childhood Center
- St. Louis Society for the Physically Disabled
- Urban League of Metropolitan St. Louis
- United Way of Greater St. Louis