Facilities & Services
Olin Business School is located in two buildings on the west end of Washington University's campus.
This 80,000-square-foot facility contains student lounges, classrooms, seminar rooms; administrative, program, and faculty offices; an extensive library; a computer lab; rooms for small-group study; and a deli. Below are just of few of the resources located in Simon Hall.
- Weston Career Center coaches students in attaining their career goals and connects employers with Olin talent. For more information, see the OlinCareers website, with special sections for recruiters and alumni.
- The Center for Experiential Learning (CEL) offers an array of applied learning courses including the Practicum (corporate), Taylor Community Consulting Program, Global Management Studies, and Investments Praxis. The CEL partners with Washington University's Skandalaris Center for Entrepreneurial Studies on the Hatchery course.
- The Management Communication Lab provides students with lab-based coaching and practice opportunities that complement a range of required and elective communication courses. Consultants help you expand your ability to craft succinct, precise communications. You develop strategies through coaching, rehearsals, web-based information, and critique sessions.
- Art and Marge McWilliams Computing Center is equipped with individual computer stations and group rooms. and staffed by student lab consultants. Full-time staff members are responsible for hardware, networking, software, computing support, web-based applications, databases, experimental computing, and e-Learning development.
- Reuben C. Taylor Experimental Laboratory is a state-of-the-art facility for conducting experimental research on decision making, bargaining and markets. The backbone of the laboratory is a network of computers that enables participants to make decisions and communicate with others. The Taylor Lab is also used for classroom demonstrations.
- The Al and Ruth Kopolow Business Library keeps students and faculty up-to-the-minute with online resources including Dow Jones Interactive, Lexis/Nexis, InfoTrac, ABI, and databases provided by Moody's, Standard & Poor's, Hoover's, and Disclosure. Comprehensive real-time stock market information is available through Bloomberg and Bridge. The Kopolow Library maintains a book collection of around 30,000 volumes and subscriptions to more than 400 major business journals, magazines, and newspapers. It is part of a campus-wide network of libraries.
Charles F. Knight Executive Education & Conference Center
The Knight Center
facilitates dialogue between students and faculty, corporate and community leaders, and managers from widely diverse locations and industries. The Knight Center is home to Olin’s executive education programs. It’s also where you’ll find Olin’s Marketing and Communications, Accounting, and Information Services departments.
Whether you're seeking overnight accomodations on campus or a place for your next corporate meeting, consider the Knight Center. Call 314-933-9400 or 866-933-9400 (toll free).