Stuart I. Greenbaum
Former Dean and Bank of America Professor Emeritus of Managerial Leadership and Adjunct Professor in Finance
Area of Expertise:
Corporate Finance, Corporate Finance
Corporate Governance, Risk Management, Banking and Financial Intermediation
- "Management Education & its Contemporary Critics", Zeitschrift fur Controlling und Innovations Management, Issue 2, 38-42, 2005
- "Financial Intermediaries", 17-32, with W. Emmons, 1997
- "Twenty-Five Years of Banking Research", Financial Management, Issue 2, 86-92, 1996
- "Reputation and Discretion in Financial Contracting", American Economic Review, Issue 5, 1165-1183, with A. Thakor, A. Boot, 1993
- Board Member, Dean's Graduate Management Admission Council, the board of AACSB International-The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, The Executive Committee of the World Agricultural Forum, and the boards of the St. Louis Children's Hospital and Provident, Inc.
- Consultant, Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, the Council of Higher Education of Israel, the mayor of the City of St. Louis, The American Bankers Association, the Bank Administration Institute, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Federal Reserve System, and the Federal Home Loan Bank System
- Founding Editor and Advisory Board Member, Journal of Financial Intermediation
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Financial Intermediation Research Society, 2006
- Dean's Medal, Washington University in St. Louis Olin Business School, 2006
- Lifetime Member of Advisory Committee, Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Banking Research Center, 1996
Greenbaum is married with two grown children. His interests range from opera to baseball.
Stuart Greenbaum is the former Dean and Bank of America Emeritus Professor of Managerial Leadership at the Olin Business School, Washington University in St. Louis. He is also the Jacobs Visiting Professor at the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University. Before joining the Olin School in 1995, Greenbaum served for 20 years on the faculty of the Kellogg School of Management where he was the Director of the Banking Research Center and the Strunk Distinguished Professor of Financial Institutions. From 1988-92, he was Kellogg's Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. Before Northwestern, Greenbaum served as Chairman of the Economics Department at the University of Kentucky, and on the staffs of the Comptroller of the Currency and the Federal Reserve.
Professor Greenbaum has on numerous occasions testified before Congressional committees, as well as other legislative bodies.
Greenbaum has published two books and more than 75 articles in academic journals and other professional media. He is founding editor of the Journal of Financial Intermediation and has served on the editorial boards of eleven other academic journals.
Stuart I. Greenbaum's Curriculum Vitae
Phone: (314) 935-6397
PhD 1965, John Hopkins University
BS 1959, New York University