Philip L. Siteman Professor of Marketing
Area of Expertise:
Management Strategy, Consumer Products Marketing, Distribution Channels, Marketing Management and Strategy, Marketing Research, Pricing, Management Strategy
His current research interests are in supply chain strategies especially under uncertainty, competitive strategies in information intensive environment (e-strategies), modeling customer profitability and choice modeling.
- "Persuasive Advertising and Product Line Design"(Working Paper), with Y. Lin, 2006
- "Salesforce Compensation: Revisiting and Extending the Agency-Theoretic Approach", Quantitative Marketing and Economics, with A. Coughlan, S. Misra, 2005
- "Information and Inventory in Distribution Channels", Management Science, with G. Iyer, R. Niraj, 2007
- "Vertical Information Sharing in Distribution Channels"(Working Paper), with R. Niraj
- Member, Business to Business Steering Committee at MSI
- Editorial Review Board Member, Marketing Science
- Officer, Treasurer, TIMS Marketing College
- Editor, Associate Editor, Management Science
Professor Narasimhan is an avid sports fan. He plays tennis and likes to travel and hike.
Chakravarthi Narasimhan was an assistant and associate professor at the University of Chicago from 1981 to 1988. His principal research interest is in the economic analysis of marketing problems. He builds models, measurements and metrics to quantify firms and consumers responses to marketing strategies in competitive markets. Several of his papers have won the Best paper of the Year award or were finalists to. He was chosen Teacher of the Year by the M.B.A. Graduating Class of 1991. He has been recognized by the Graduate Students Senate for Excellence in Mentoring three times.
Chakravarthi Narasimhan's Home Page
Chakravarthi Narasimhan's Curriculum Vitae
Phone: (314) 935-6313