Emeritus Professor of Accounting
Area of Expertise:
Teaching and learning, and the role of the modern business school.
- "Financial Reporting - First Take", with E. Spiller, 2017
- "The PCAOB Meets the Constitution: The Supreme Court to Decide on PCAOB's Conformity with the Separation Powers Doctrine & Appointments Clause", Accounting Horizons(Working Paper), 2010
- "Mandatory Disclosure of the Engagement Partner's Identity: Potential Benefits and Unintended Consequences", Accounting Horizons, with S. Davis, N. Mintchik, 2012
- "Why Care About China's Reporting System", with M. Ren, 2012
- CPA, (Missouri - Inactive)
- EMBA Reid Teaching Award, Washington University, 2013
- Founder's Day Distinguished Faculty Award, Washington University, 2012
- BSBA Reid Teaching Award, Washington University, 1987
Professor King enjoys backpacking, listening to heavy metal music, tennis, and bicycling. He is married to Monica and they have two children, Bracken and Tyler (both Washington University alums).
Ron is an Emeritus Professor of Accounting at Washington University. While at Washington University he has taught accounting courses in the Undergraduate, MBA, and Masters of Accounting Programs. He now focuses his teaching at the Executive MBA level. His current research interests are in the area of teaching and learning. He has held various administrative positions including Senior Associate Dean of Faculty, Senior Associate Dean of Programs, and the Director of the Center for Experiential Learning. Ron received the Distinguished Faculty Award at Washington University’s Founder’s Day in 2012.
Ron is active in the St. Louis start-up community. He is an angel investor and has served as a board member for several companies.
Ron received his PhD from the University of Arizona.
Ron King's Curriculum Vitae
Phone: (314) 935-6385
PhD 1986, University of Arizona