Charles J Cuny
Senior Lecturer in Finance
Area of Expertise:
Finance/Investments, Financial Economics, International Finance, Option Pricing
Capital structure, financial innovation, venture capital, employee stock options, stock index changes, corporate payout policy.
- "Stock Options and Total Payouts", Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 391-410, with G. Martin, J. Puthenpurackal, 2009
- "A Theory of Private Equity Turnarounds", Journal of Corporate Finance, 626-646, with E. Talmor, 2007
- "Why Derivatives on Derivatives? The Case of Spread Futures", Journal of Financial Intermediation, 132-159, 2006
- Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer, Journal of Finance, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Financial Management
- 1997 Undergraduate Teaching Excellence Award, U of California @ Irvine Graduate School of Management, 1997
- 1994 MBA Teaching Excellence Award, U of California @ Irvine Graduate School of Management, 1994
- Reid Teaching Award, PMBA 2009 and PMBA 2008, Washington University Olin Business School
Professor Cuny enjoys consuming information: reading, music, and cinema.
Professor Cuny previously taught at University of California - Irvine, London Business School, and Texas A&M.
Charles J Cuny's Home Page
Charles J Cuny's Curriculum Vitae
Phone: (314) 935-4527
PhD 1990, Stanford University Graduate School of Business
BS 1984, California Institute of Technology
MS 1984, California Institute of Technology