Associate Professor of Supply Chain, Operations, and Technology & Associate Professor of Marketing (Courtesy)
Area of Expertise:
Marketing, Operations Strategy, Revenue Management, Supply Chain Management, Supply Chain, Operations, and Technology, Information Technology
Service Operations; Healthcare Operations; Social Interaction and Operations; Interface of Econometrics and Machine Learning.
- "Learning from Inventory Availability Information: Evidence from Field Experiments on Amazon", Management Science, Issue 3, 1216–1235, with R. Cui, J. Li, 2019
- "The Operational Value of Social Media Information", Production and Operations Management, Issue 10, 1749-1769, with R. Cui, S. Gallino, A. Moreno, 2018
- "Does Social Interaction Improve Learning Outcomes? Field Evidence from Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)", Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Issue 3, 347–367, with G. Allon, J. Van Mieghem, 2017
- "A Better Way to Fight Discrimination in the Sharing Economy", Harvard Business Review, with R. Cui, J. Li, 2017
- "Hospital Readmission Reduction Program: An Economic and Operational Analysis", Management Science, Issue 11, 3351–3371, with I. Gurvich, J. Van Mieghem, E. Park, R. Young, M. Williams, 2016
- Winner of 2022 POMS Early Career Research Accomplishments Award, 2022
- 2014 POMS College of Healthcare Operations Management Best Paper Award, Production & Operations Management Society, 2014
- UCLA Outstanding Bachelor of Science Award, University of California at Los Angeles, 2012
eSports, reading and traveling.
Dennis Zhang joined the Olin business School in 2016. His research focuses on operations in innovative marketplaces and in the public sector. He built theoretical models to extract reliable insights from data and use data to improve existing models. Prior to joining the Olin faculty, Dennis finished his PhD from Northwestern University and worked at Google as a machine learning software engineer.
Dennis Zhang's Home Page
Dennis Zhang's Curriculum Vitae
Phone: (314) 935-4590
PhD 2016, Northwestern University
MS 2015, Northwestern University
BS 2012, University of California at Los Angeles