P. Konstantina Kiousis
Senior Lecturer in Business Management and Faculty Development Fellow, Office of the Provost
Area of Expertise:
Business/Corporate Strategy, Innovation and Growth
Corporate Performance and Productivity Measurement, Executive Compensation, Intellectual Property, Business Cycles, Spillovers.
- "Technological Investment Decisions & Disruptive Technologies: Where Real Options Fall Short, Search Model e to Play", International Journal of Strategic Change Management (IJSCM), Issue 4, 352 - 374, with A. Arikan, I. Arikan, 2010
- Reid Teaching Award, Undergraduate, Olin, 2022
- Favorite Professors of Business Majors, Poets and Quants for Undergraduates, 2019
- Best Core Undergraduate Instructor, Fisher College of Business, OSU
- Coca-Cola-Critical Difference for Women
- President's Salute to Undergraduate Education, Ohio State University
Professor Kiousis is married with twin daughters. She is a native of California and enjoys going to concerts, spending time with her children and solving puzzles. She also speaks fluent Greek and enjoys reading philosophy. Her favorite work of philosophy is Meno, one of the dialogues of Plato.
Dr. Kiousis is an applied economist with research interests in corporate performance, productivity, competition and economic policy in particular industries and in the overall economy. Generally, her research examines how firms create and protect knowledge to bolster profitability and potentially alter broader economic activity. In this context, she analyzes the impact of intellectual property protection on the competitive strategies of firms. Her current work examines the role executives play in creating corporate value, suggesting that seemingly abnormal gains in executive compensation are associated with gains created for corporate shareholders. Over the course of her career, Dr. Kiousis has taught courses in strategic management, macroeconomics, management consulting, and international business. She has been honored with distinguished teaching awards and supervised award-winning PhD students. Professor Kiousis is also strongly committed to guiding the business community and policy makers. She has also worked on a variety of consulting projects with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies, such as Victoria's Secret, BankOne, Cardinal Health, and Swiss Re, to Silicon Valley startups and performance arts organizations.
Phone: (314) 935-5205
PhD 2000, University of California, Los Angeles
Graduate Study International Relations 1992, Oxford University, St. Antony's College
BA 1990, University of California, Berkeley