Teaching Professor of Data Analytics
Area of Expertise:
Decision Analysis, Information Technology, Management Science, Simulation Modeling, Statistics/Econometrics, Technology Management
eCommerce interface design, eCommerce customer relationship management (eCRM), and human-computer interaction
- "Effective Use of Analytic DDS and Job Performance: Looking Beyond Technology Acceptance", Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, Issue 2, 125-138, with N. Roberts, 2019
- "A Relational Build-up Model of Consumer Intention to Self-disclose Personal Information in E-commerce B2C Relationships", AIS Transactions on Human-Computer Interaction, Issue 1, 33-53, 2019
- "Using Information Systems to Sense Opportunities for Innovation: Integrating Postadoptive Use Behaviors with the Dynamic Managerial Capability Perspective", Journal of Management Information Systems, Issue 1, 45-69, with N. Roberts, L. Vijayasarathy, 2016
- "Electronic medical record system avoidance in a turbulent environment", Information and Management, Issue 5, 581-590, with N. Roberts, M. Mellott, M. Dinger, 2016
- "Understanding the Role of Theory on Instrument Development: An Examination of Strengths and Weaknesses of Discriminant Validity Analysis Techniques", Journal of Information Technology Theory and Application, Issue 1, with J. Wells, C. Parks, 2015
- "The Long and the Short of E-Commerce Intentions: Examining the Distinguishing Effect of Time Orientation Between Behavioral Intentions and Behaviora Goals", Review of Business Information Systems Journal, Issue 1, 1-14, with V. Parboteeah, 2014
- "Breaking the Ice in B2C Relationships: Understanding Initial Perceptions of Websites with the eCommerce Attraction Model", Information Systems Research, Issue 2, 219-238, with Wells, J. Valacich, 2013
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Else School of Management, 2016
Damon Campbell married to Nichole (Nikki) Porter June 15, 2001. They are the proud parents of six children: Madelynn (Maddie), Sadie, Jack, Kevin, Carter, and Olivia Kate. They enjoy spending time together doing a variety of activities including travel, sports, and music.
Damon E. Campbell is a professor of teaching in the department of data analytics at Washington University in St. Louis Olin school of Business. Dr. Campbell held the office of professor of information systems and held the Kelly Gene Cook, Sr. Chair of Business Administration at the Else School of Management at Millsaps College where he worked from 2008-2021. He earned M.B.A. and Ph.D. degrees from Washington State University. His research interests include e-commerce, human–computer interaction, and interface design. Dr. Campbell has published in such journals as Information Systems Research, Decision Sciences, Journal of Management Information Systems, Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Journal of Commerce Research, as well as various other journals and conference proceedings.
MBA 2004, Washington State University
BS 2003, Lewis-