Welcome to On Principle, Season 1
Going behind the scenes as leaders make pivotal decisions.
How do you put a price tag on a hall-of-fame ballplayer? How do you decide to throw away one career dream for another one? How do you survive an existential crisis in your business? The debut season of On Principle puts you behind the scenes for these decisions and more. We interview leaders of startups and C-suite executives of major corporations. We talk to the president of baseball operations for the St. Louis Cardinals and an award-winning chef. Then, for each episode, we talk to academics and scholars who can put the decision-making lessons into context and help drive home the takeaways.
In this trailer, you hear the voices of (in order):
- Gerard Craft, president, chef, dishwasher, Niche Food Group
- Paulino do Rego Barros Jr., former interim CEO, Equifax
- Lisa Hu, founder, Lux and Nyx
- John Mozeliak, president of baseball operations, St. Louis Cardinals
- Kurt Greenbaum, host, director of communications, WashU Olin Business School
- Mark P. Taylor, dean, WashU Olin Business School
This podcast is brought to you by Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis. Contributors include:
- Katie Wools, Cathy Myrick and Judy Milanovits, creative assistance
- Jill Young Miller, fact checking and creative assistance
- Hayden Molinarolo, original music, sound design and editing
- Nate Sprehe, creative direction, production and editing
- Angie Winschel, production assistance
- Olivia Hanford, social media
- Lexie O'Brien and Erik Buschardt, website support
- Mark P. Taylor, strategic support
- Paula Crews, creative vision and strategic support
Special thanks to Ray Irving and his team at the Olin Center for Digital Education, including our audio engineer, Austin Alred.
Please subscribe on your favorite podcasting app to be notified when each new episode of On Principle is available.
Download the podcast transcript (PDF)