PhD students must complete 72 semester hours, maintain satisfactory academic progress, pass certain examinations, fulfill residence and teaching requirements, and write, defend, and submit a dissertation.
Upon successful completion of your business PhD study, you're awarded a PhD from the Graduate School of Arts & Science at Washington University.
- A strong foundation in Microeconomics or Psychology, Probability & Statistics and Quantitative Methods.
- Exposure to your area of specialization and the required research tools.
- Successful completion of the core exam.
- Course work in one or more areas of study.
- In-depth knowledge in chosen field.
- Active association with the research process through faculty mentoring.
- Completion of the field exam.
- Participation with faculty in research activities.
- Research paper presentation.
- Individual research pursuing a specialized topic of interest.
- Preparation and defense of your dissertation.