To apply for financial aid, start today by completing the following steps:
Federal Student Loans
- Submit the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Use the form appropriate for the academic year in which you intend to enroll.
Submit your Financial Assistance Application to:
- Washington University’s School Code is: 002520.
- Fill out only the student portion of the FAFSA, not the parent portion.
Olin Graduate Financial Aid
Washington University St. Louis
Campus Box 1156
Knight Hall Room 310
1 Brookings Drive
St. Louis, MO 63130
Email: email@example.comYou'll receive an electronic award notification informing you whether financial aid is available after your FAFSA and institutional application are reviewed and your tuition deposit is made.
Once you have been notified that your award is available, go to https://sfs.wustl.edu/Pages/default.aspx.
- Select Current Students at the top of the page, and log in using your WUSTL Key and password.
- Select My Award and accept the amount of financial aid that you wish to receive for each of the terms listed.
Entering Students and First-Time Direct Loan Borrowers:
- Complete loan-entrance counseling.
- Complete Subsidized/Unsubsidized Master Promissory Note.
- Complete Graduate PLUS Master Promissory Note (if awarded).
- Start the PLUS Application Process (if awarded).
- Verify completion of your Subsidized/Unsubsidized Master Promissory Note and Graduate PLUS Master Promissory Note (if applicable).
- Start PLUS Application Process.
For additional guidance on completing these online forms, see the loan instructions document (PDF).
5. To ensure that Washington University has received all the documents needed to process your financial aid application, go to https://sfs.wustl.edu/Pages/default.aspx.
- Choose Current Students at the top of the page and log in using your WUSTL Key and password.
- Select My Checklist to see if all the required documents have been received.
Note: It can take up to three to four business days for Washington University to receive confirmation of completed entrance-loan counseling, loan applications, and promissory notes. 6. Submit Title IV Authorization form.
If you’re interested in an alternative loan, go directly to the lender’s website to submit your application. Depending on the lender you select, you usually can begin your application process 60 days prior to the start of Mini term A. Find a sample list of lenders at the elmselect.com website.
The loan period listed on your application should be one of the following: summer only (May through August), fall/spring (August through April), fall only (August through December), or spring only (January through April).
Employer Tuition Reimbursement
Many employers provide full- or partial-tuition assistance to employees who are pursuing degrees part time. Contact your organization’s Human Resources department for specifics about what benefits are offered. Note that some tax consequences may be associated with employer-paid tuition benefits.