While the DBA program is designed to be an extension of prior master’s level work in a relevant field, an earned master’s degree is not a prerequisite for admission to the DBA program. Candidates for admission must demonstrate a strong academic record, documented by academic transcripts, high GMAT/GRE scores and recommendations. Candidates must also have strong writing and research potential, demonstrated in writing samples submitted with the application for admission. Apply Now
To be considered for admission into Olin’s DBA program, you must submit the following:
- A completed online application
- Application fee
- Three letters of recommendation
- Scanned copies of Transcripts of all prior undergraduate and graduate work
- Scanned copies of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).The GMAT institution code for the doctorate in business is R4T-WG-14. The GRE institution code is 6929.
- International students who do not possess a degree from an American university are required to submit a copy of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL or IELTS) score.
In addition to the required application materials, applicants are evaluated on the strength and breadth of academic background, experience, ability to research, and aptitude. An English Proficiency Test Waiver may be available to applicants who meet the eligibility criteria. For more information, please visit the Office of International Students and Scholars page.
Because of our offerings and sequencing, we admit students to the DBA program for the fall semester only. You may submit your application beginning in September with a deadline of March 1.
Students with relevant graduate level degrees may be given credit toward a DBA degree based on prior coursework at the discretion of the program academic director. Specifically:
- Students with a Master of Science in Finance degree (from Olin or other schools) may be given credit of up to a maximum of 24 credit units.
- Students with other relevant graduate degrees (such as MBA, Master of Accounting, Master of Economics, Master of Statistics) may be given credit of up to 12 credit units toward their DBA degree.