Enhancing Your Experience
As part of the Washington University Danforth campus, Olin Business School’s resources are vast. State-of-the-art facilities, advanced technology, experiential opportunities, databases, learning labs, and abundant dining options are just some of what our campus has to offer.
Knight Hall and Bauer Hall
These brand-new buildings, totaling 177,000 square feet, are united under a five-story glass atrium. Host to MBA classes, these buildings provide plenty of space for group or individual study, and include a learning lab, a 325-seat auditorium, and more. They also house a café, Starbucks, faculty offices, and a community forum.
- Olin Graduate Programs Office, Knight Hall 3rd Floor – Stop by to get answers to your questions or meet with a member of the MBA student services staff.
- Weston Career Center (WCC), Knight Hall 2nd Floor – WCC partners with you to help you realize and achieve your career goals. Career advisors are there to give advice, help with résumé prep, and assist with internship and job placement. They’ll connect you with resources and employers, and provide any other career preparation and support you may need.
This 80,000-square-foot building – currently undergoing renovation – contains a wide variety of resources. Within Simon Hall you’ll find classrooms, seminar rooms, faculty offices, an extensive library, behavioral research laboratory, rooms for small-group study, and Einstein Bros. Bagels. Some of the most utilized resources in Simon Hall include:
- Center for Experiential Learning (CEL) organizes hands-on learning experiences for students. You’ll get the opportunity to consult businesses from Fortune 500 companies to startups. To work with your classmates to address and solve specific marketing, operations, and financial challenges.
- Skandalaris Center for Entrepreneurial Studies is the hub of entrepreneurial activity on campus. It’s where you find encouragement for your ideas and get involved in entrepreneurial activities. All in a fostering and innovative environment.
- Kopolow Business Library and Computer Lab supports all your information needs. It supplies major business publications and an extensive collection of databases with articles, financial data, market research reports, stock analyses, and more.
- Management Communication Center (MCC) offers lab-based coaching and practice opportunities. Consultants help you expand on your ability to craft succinct and precise communications – such as briefs, business reports, memos, letters, and presentations. Practice and improve your oral presentation skills. Our consultants will listen and provide feedback.
Other Campus Resources
Open to all graduate and professional students, the Liberman Graduate Center is a place to meet and connect with other graduate students from across all disciplines. Stop by to grab a coffee, eat lunch, check your email, study, or attend an event.
Washington University’s main campus library also happens to sport the Olin name. The Olin Library, available to all students, is located east of Simon Hall in the middle of the campus, just beyond Graham Chapel.
The Washington University Athletic Complex hosts a wide range of individual and group recreational and intramural activities. All students can access the complex with a valid student picture ID.
Find and purchase textbooks from the bookstore located on the ground floor of Mallinckrodt Center.
Habif Health and Wellness Center, located in the Nathan Dardick House, provides high-quality medical care, health education, and counseling services to students.
Purchase parking permits, check out shuttle schedules, and request your free Metro U-Pass by visiting the Parking and Transportation Services
website. A free shuttle service is available to students. Travel between the university and the surrounding neighborhoods, including nearby shopping centers. For more information on public transportation provided by Metro, visit http://www.metrostlouis.org/