Google Chrome is the preferred browser for WashU Olin application.
How to Apply
At Olin, we try to make the application process as streamlined as possible. We ask you to submit the information that is relevant and necessary for us to make an informed decision about your candidacy.
Our application process
REQUIRES the submission of a complete online application. Designed with applicants in mind, our system walks you through the required steps, including the submission (via upload) of the following
Essay (Two required and one optional essay)
- Share with us one of your strongest values. Help us understand how that value connects to your career aspirations. Please include the following in your response: Target function and/or industry; Desired company or organization; Skills you will need to develop; Necessary connections and/or experiences (350-500 word maximum)
- Describe what digital innovation means to you. Share how you plan to leverage this degree to reimagine how business is done (350-500 word maximum)
- Optional: Is there anything else you would like to share? If so, please provide any additional information not previously addressed in the application that would help the admissions committee assess your candidacy. (250-word limit)
(unofficial)One professional recommendationApplication video
Standardized test scores
*The GMAT or GRE test is one part of the application used to evaluate academic ability. We have no preference for one test over the other, and it is a recommended component of the application. Applicants may choose to submit an application without a standardized test score if they meet any one of the below criteria. Have questions about the test component? Reach out to us at OlinGradAdmissions@wustl.edu.
- They have a strong undergraduate GPA from a US institution.
- They have demonstrated quantitative skills in prior academic coursework and/or professional experience.
- They have earned an advanced or terminal degree (JD, MD, PhD or quantitative MS degree).
- They have earned a quantitatively oriented professional certificate (CPA, CFA).
- They hold (or have held) an officer’s rank in the military.
Additional Information About Required Documents
–Our Admissions Committee accepts unofficial copies of transcripts and test scores for the sole purpose of rendering an admissions decision.
- Applicants must hold the equivalent of a US bachelor’s degree to be eligible for the program. (Note: Most international three-year degrees meet this requirement.) Be sure your transcripts include all coursework taken and the grades received for each course, as well as any transcript instructions or descriptions provided by the institution.
- In the application, please enter the name and email address of your recommender. When you save your application, they will receive an email with the recommendation to complete. If your recommender has completed the Common Letter of Recommendation, they can email that form to us at OlinGradAdmissions@wustl.edu.
When Do I Submit My Official Documents?
Once you get the news of your acceptance—and make the decision to join us at Olin— official transcripts and official test scores (if you choose to submit them) must be submitted two weeks before the start of orientation programming.
Official transcripts may be submitted as follows:
| Mailed by your university in a sealed, official university envelope to the following address|| Official Electronic Transcript from your academic institution|| In person–must be in official, sealed envelope from academic institution|
| Washington University in St. Louis|
Olin Business School
Graduate Program Admissions Office
Knight Hall 310, CB 1156
One Brookings Drive
St. Louis, MO 63130-4899
|Email your eSCRIP-SAFE® or any other authorized provider to: |
| Olin Business School|
Knight Hall, Room 310
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.