Google Chrome is the preferred browser for WashU Olin application.
At Olin, we try to make the application process as streamlined as possible. We ask you to submit the information that is relevant and necessary for us to make an informed decision about your candidacy.
Our application process
REQUIRES the submission of a complete online application. Designed with applicants in mind, our system walks you through the required steps, including the submission (via upload) of the following
- One Page Resume
- Two required essays:
- Share with us one of your strongest values. Help us understand how that value connects to your career aspirations. Please include the following in your response: Target function and/or industry; Desired company or organization; Skills you will need to develop; Necessary connections and/or experiences (350-500 word maximum)
- People, power, structure and culture provide leaders with different lenses to make sense of the world around them. Reflect on your leadership style and share with which of these lenses you most identify. Help us understand how you plan to use the Professional MBA to look at the world from a different perspective. (300 – 500 words maximum)
- Optional essay:
- Is there anything else you would like to share? If so, please provide any additional information not previously addressed in the application that would help the Admissions Committee assess your candidacy. (250-word limit)
- Academic transcripts (unofficial)
- One professional recommendation
- Application video
- Standardized test scores (recommended)*
*The GMAT or GRE test is one part of the application used to evaluate academic ability. We have no preference for one test over the other, and it is a recommended component of the application. Applicants may choose to submit an application without a standardized test score if they meet any one of the below criteria. Have questions about the test component? Reach out to us at OlinGradAdmissions@wustl.edu.
- They have a strong undergraduate GPA from a US institution.
- They have demonstrated quantitative skills in prior academic coursework and/or professional experience.
- They have earned an advanced or terminal degree (JD, MD, PhD or quantitative MS degree).
- They have earned a quantitatively oriented professional certificate (CPA, CFA).
- They hold (or have held) an officer’s rank in the military.
Additional Information about Required Documents
Transcripts-Our Admissions Committee accepts unofficial copies of transcripts and test scores for the sole purpose of rendering an admissions decision.
- Applicants must hold the equivalent of a US bachelor's degree to be eligible for the program. (Note: Most international three-year degrees meet this requirement.) Be sure your transcripts include all coursework taken and the grades received for each course, as well as any transcript instructions or descriptions provided by the institution.
- TOEFL or IELTS (Academic Format) – All international applicants (non-US citizens or non-US permanent residents) whose native language is not English must take either the TOEFL or IELTS. Only scores from tests taken within the last
two years will be accepted. The TOEFL institution code for Washington University in St. Louis is 6929. You may qualify for a waiver of this requirement if you have taken a minimum of three years of coursework at a college or university where the primary medium of instruction is English
and you received your degree from this institution.
- In the application, please enter the name and email address of your recommender. When you save your application, they will receive an email with the recommendation to complete. If your recommender has completed the
Common Letter of Recommendation, they can email that form to us at
When Do I Submit My Official Documents?
Once you get the news of your acceptance—and make the decision to join us at Olin—
official transcripts and valid, official test scores must be submitted two weeks before the start of orientation programming.
Official Test Scores (GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, IELTS):
Please note that it is not sufficient for the student to submit the unofficial or official test taker copy. The appropriate Washington University/Olin institution codes for each test are as follows:
- GMAT: R4T-WG-91
- GRE: 4939
- TOEFL: 6929
- IELTS: No institution code. Search for Washington University in St. Louis
All enrolling students must submit official transcripts that include all coursework taken and the grades received for each course, as well as any transcript instructions or descriptions provided by the institution. Transcripts for study abroad programs or transfer credits are not required if the course titles, grades and credit hours are included on the transcript of the degree-granting institution.
Students must show proof of degree. For most US institutions (and many non-US institutions) an official transcript sent directly from the university or college will include the degree awarded and date the degree was conferred. If you have not yet graduated, the official transcript from the degree-granting institution should be sent as it becomes available.
For students who have graduated from non-US institutions where the academic transcript does not show degree awarded and date of degree conferral, it will be necessary for you to bring your diploma, diploma book or other equivalent document with you to St. Louis. When you arrive—and before the start of classes—you must bring your transcript to the Olin Graduate Programs Admission for visual verification. These documents will then be returned to you.
International students must submit both an original-language document and an English translation.
Official transcripts may be submitted as follows:
Mailed by your university in a sealed, official university envelope to the following address||
Official Electronic Transcript from your academic institution||
In person–must be in official, sealed envelope from academic institution|
| Washington University in St. Louis|
Olin Business School
Graduate Program Admissions Office
Knight Hall 310, CB 1156
One Brookings Drive
St. Louis, MO 63130-4899
|Email your eSCRIP-SAFE® or any other authorized provider to:
| Olin Business School|
Knight Hall, Room 310
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Invitation-only interviews are conducted at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
Application Interview Video
Applicants to the Professional MBA program must submit a video interview as part of the application process. Once you enter your recommender in the application portal and save the application, a unique URL link will be sent to your email address with instructions outlining the video submission process.