A Streamlined Application Process
- Our application for admission is hosted on a third-party system called ApplyYourself. This online application system is designed to walk you through the required steps, including how to electronically submit your Commitment Letter, Recommendation for Admission Forms, and essays. Once you've registered and created a password, you can save your work repeatedly before you submit your final application.
- Request that all previous undergraduate and graduate institutions submit official transcripts to the Executive MBA program office (Transcript Request Form, PDF).
- Provide two completed Recommendation for Admission Forms (PDF), preferably written by senior-level executives or immediate supervisors. The individuals writing the letters should include their knowledge of your professional achievements; potential for future managerial success; capacity to handle graduate business education; and personal attributes such as motivation, integrity, and leadership ability. They may submit the form by mail, by email, or through the online application system.
- Provide a Commitment Letter from the appropriate officer at your organization. The letter should describe your employer's understanding of the time required to complete the program and the organization's agreement, if any, for financial support. (sample Employee Commitment Letter PDF). If you’re self-employed, write and submit a statement of self-commitment.
- After you’ve submitted all your supporting documentation, a member of the Executive MBA Admissions team will contact you to schedule a personal interview with two members of the Admissions Committee.
Letters and official transcripts (mailed directly from the appropriate institutions) should be sent to:
Executive MBA Program Admissions
Olin Business School
Washington University in St. Louis
Campus Box 1158
One Brookings Drive
St. Louis, MO 63130-4899