Certificate in Policy Strategy
With this curriculum, you can advise your organization on how to craft, or react to, policy changes.
When are policy changes likely, and what might they be? Opportunities for shaping policy appear and disappear quickly. Nimble organizations have an advantage in responding to these changes and even in helping to shape these policies.
The Certificate in Policy Strategy (CPS) will help you understand when windows of opportunity for changing policy are likely to open, as well as which policy changes are likely to be feasible.
The CPS does not have a rigid timeline—start when it is most convenient for you, and finish as budgets allow. The CPS is open to experienced professionals from government agencies, businesses and nonprofit organizations.
Open to experienced professionals from government agencies, businesses and nonprofit organizations.
Seven required courses include:
A two-unit elective of your choice (can be either policy-based or leadership-based)
- Credential from a highly regarded institution
- Classes taught by some of the most-respected experts in the field
- Policy-entrepreneurship expertise
- Enhanced policymaking capabilities and confidence to engage in policy deliberations
- Sharper analytical and political skills
- Interactions with Brookings scholars and other U.S. policy analysts, authors and practitioners
- In-depth working knowledge of U.S. government institutions
Note: You must be enrolled in the CPS to receive course credit for the certificate. You may receive credit for WashU at Brookings courses you attended prior to enrollment in the CPS program. You are responsible for completing the certificate requirements as they were published at the time you enrolled for your certificate. You also may apply 5 units of class credit from policy courses taken for the Certificate in Public Leadership program. There is no application or fee to enroll.
To enroll, contact email@example.com or call 800-925-5730.