Facilities & Services
Located on Washington University’s Danforth Campus, Olin's undergraduate and graduate programs share four buildings with a wide range of learning, meeting, and community spaces.
Olin's four buildings – Simon Hall, Charles F. Knight Executive Education & Conference Center, Bauer Hall, and Knight Hall – form a campus within the larger university campus. Each business program has a home base in one of the buildings. Shared public spaces and resources like the library and career center insure a constant flow and mix of faculty, students and staff from all programs.
Knight Hall and Bauer Hall
Opened in May 2014, this 177,000-square-foot facility earned LEED Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council and has quickly become a popular nexus for Olin and the entire WashU community. Several large tiered and flat classrooms equipped with state-of-the-art technology converge around a three-story glass Atrium and Frick Forum, which provide unique areas for town-hall meetings, speakers, and events. Starbuck's and Bauer Hall Café serve meals throughout the day. Based here are:
- Graduate program offices – MBA, PMBA, and specialized masters – and student lounge
- Weston Career Center coaches students in attaining their career goals and connects employers with Olin talent. For more information, see the OlinCareers website, with special sections for recruiters and alumni.
This 140,000-square-foot facility opened in 1986. Faculty offices are located here and in Knight and Bauer Halls. Classrooms and study rooms surround an open-air courtyard. Einstein Bros. Bagels serves meals throughout the day. Below are just of few of the resources located in Simon Hall.
- Undergraduate program offices and student lounge
- The Center for Experiential Learning (CEL) coordinates unique on-the-job learning experiences. Students teams provide consulting services to for-profits, nonprofits and social impact endeavors, and start-ups. Students may also enroll in global study and sustainability courses.
- Art and Marge McWilliams Computing Center is equipped with individual computer stations and group rooms. and staffed by student lab consultants. Full-time staff members are responsible for hardware, networking, software, computing support, web-based applications, databases, experimental computing, and e-Learning development.
- Reuben C. Taylor Experimental Laboratory is a facility for conducting computer-based experimental research on decision making, bargaining and markets.
- The Al and Ruth Kopolow Business Library keeps students and faculty up-to-the-minute with online resources. Located on the second floor of Simon Hall, it is part of a campus-wide network of libraries.
The five-story, 135,000-square-foot facility is home to Olin’s executive education programs and much more. Conference rooms, classrooms, and breakout rooms, 66 guest rooms, lounges, a pub, dining room, and fitness center meet the needs of executive program and conference participants, business travelers, alumni, parents, and prospective students.
Whether you're seeking overnight accommodations on campus or a place for your next corporate meeting, consider the Knight Center. Call 314-933-9400 or 866-933-9400 (toll free)