Women's Leadership Forum
“The Women’s Leadership Certificate Program is all about preparing high-potential women for even higher levels of impact in their organizations. It brings together the key developmental resources that can help women better focus on leadership strategies and provides access to exceptional speakers who are all seasoned female leaders. It's a great resource for women and the region's business community.”
Julie L. Stackhouse, Senior Vice President, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
The Women’s Leadership Forum sharpens the skills you need to succeed in the C-suite or in other positions that require enterprise-wide management. Learn how to make decisions confidently, exert power and influence wisely, negotiate strategically, and manage change effectively.
Female leaders enhance organizational performance
Studies – including research by Judi McLean Parks
, Reuben C. and Anne Carpenter Taylor Professor of Organizational Behavior – indicate that increasing the number of women in leadership positions can make corporations more successful. Greater gender diversity on management teams also enhances creativity and innovation, broadening perspectives, ideas, and approaches to problem-solving.
Topics centered on women’s leadership issues
Working in partnership with female executives, Olin’s Executive Education team identified skills critical to women’s leadership development and job satisfaction. The six forum topics focus on these skills.
- Session 1: Leadership and Performance Management,
Thursday, November 13, 2014
- Session 2: Building Alliances and Your Power Base,
Thursday, December 18, 2014
- Session 3: Understanding Negotiations and Effective Strategies,
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
- Session 4: Difficult Conversations,
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
- Session 5: Politics and Power: Their Influence and Your Career,
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
- Session 6: Change Leadership,
Thursday, April 23, 2015
Because this is a cohort program, you and your classmates must take the sessions in the order indicated. Applications will be accepted soon for upcoming sessions held from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Charles F. Knight Executive Education & Conference Center on Washington University’s campus. Email ExecEd@wustl.edu to receive notification when the application is available.
The tuition for all six sessions is $6,000.
Women’s Leadership Forum Advisory Board
- Pam Cavness, Edward Jones
- Diana Gray, Washington University School of Medicine
- Rhonda Hamm-Niebruegge, Lambert International Airport
- Jeane Hull, Peabody Energy Corporation
- Susan Lang, HooPayz, LLC
- Cheryl Polk, Senior Business Executive and Community Leader
- Laura Rosenbury, Washington University School of Law
- Hillary Sale, Washington University School of Law
- Julie Stackhouse, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis