Area of Expertise:
Leadership, Leadership Development, Motivation, Negotiation, Organizational Behavior, Team Development, Motivation, Negotiation
- "Theory of Action", Issue 2, 1605-1606, 2017
- Past professor and director of the doctoral program , Industrial/Organizational psychology at the University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Founder and President , Paese Management Consulting (PMC), a consulting practice dedicated to helping clients improve their leadership and business results through productive dialogue and the skillful management of conflict
- Civil Mediation Certification, University of Missouri School of Law
- Missouri Governor's Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Outstanding Empirical Paper Award, International Association for Conflict Management
Paul's personal interests include family, music, jogging, hiking, reading, and sports. Raised in Wisconsin, he hates cold weather but remains blindly devoted to the Green Bay Packers. He is married with two sons.
Paul Paese is the founder and president of Paese Management Consulting, a consulting practice dedicated to helping clients improve their leadership and business results through better communication, greater consensus-building and conflict-resolving ability, and stronger interpersonal skills. PMC’s clients include leaders and teams from Fortune 500 companies, medium and small businesses, and various educational institutions. Paul has a PhD in psychology from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and was formerly professor and director of the doctoral program in industrial/organizational psychology at the University of Missouri – St. Louis. He is an alumnus of the Action Design Institute, where he honed his consulting skills and has served as an associate faculty member. Currently, Paul is an adjunct professor of organizational behavior at Olin Business School, Washington University. He is also a certified mediator, trained at the University of Missouri, School of Law. Paul left his tenured university position in 2006 to accommodate his growing consulting practice. He is a recipient of both the Missouri Governor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching and the Adjunct Faculty Award for Outstanding Teaching at Olin Business School. Paul brings to his consulting well-honed expertise and exceptional skill as a coach and facilitator. These skills are complemented by Paul’s commitment to practical learning and his passion for helping leaders and teams maximize their potential.
Paul Paese's Home Page
Phone: (314) 935-8551
PhD 1988, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
MA 1985, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
BA 1983, St. Norbert College