Professor of Accounting
Area of Expertise:
Accounting, Corporate Governance, Financial Reporting, Corporate Governance, Corporate Governance
Financial accounting: voluntary disclosure, accounting information in assets valuation
Chen, D., Ma, Y, Martin, X., and Michaely, R. “On the Fast Track: Information Acquisition Costs and Information Production”. Accepted at <i>Journal of Financial Economics</i>.
Kaplan, Z., Martin, X., and Xie, Y. “Truncating Optimism”. Accepted at <i>Journal of Accounting Research</i>.
Bushman, R., Pacelli, J., Martin, X., and Gao, J. “The Influence of Loan Officers on Debt Contract Design and Performance.” Accepted at WFA 2017, Drexel University Corporate Governance conference 2017, and Chicago Financial Intermediation Conference 2017. Accepted at <i>Journal of Accounting and Economics</i>.
Chen, T., Levy, H., Martin, X., and Shalev, R. “Buying Products from Whom You Know”. Forthcoming <i>Review of Accounting Studies</i>.
Frankel, R., Kim, B., Ma, T., and Martin, X. “Bank Monitoring and Accounting Recognition: The Case of Aging-Report Requirements”. Forthcoming <i>Contemporary Accounting Research</i>.
Jiang, F., Lee, J., Martin, X., and Zhou, G. “Manager Sentiment and Stock Returns”. <i>Journal of Financial Economics </i>132(1), 2019, 126-149.
Chen, C., Martin, X., Roychowdhury, S., Wang, X., and Billett, M. “Clarity Begins at Home: Internal Information Asymmetry and External Communication Quality”. The Accounting Review 93(1), 2018: 71-101.
Martin, X., and Shalev, R. “Target Firm-Specific Information and Acquisition Efficiency”.
<i>Management Science </i>63(3), 2017: 672-690.
- "Voluntary disclosures around actual share repurchases", Journal of Financial Economics, 175-191, with P. Brockman, I. Khurana, 2008
- "Financial Development and the Cash Flow Sensitivity of Cash", Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, with I. Khurana, R. Pereira, 2006
- "Firm Growth and Voluntary Disclosure: An Empirical Analysis", Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, with I. Khurana, R. Pereira, 2006
- Editor, Journal Editor,
- Editor, Journal Editor, The Accounting Review
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant Scholarship, University of Missouri, Columbia, 2006
- American Accounting Association Doctoral Consortium, American Accounting Association, 2005
- Kenneth Dimmitry Fellowship, 2005
- Outstanding Research Assistant Scholarship, University of Missouri, Columbia, 2005
- Outstanding Research Assistant Scholarship, University of Missouri, Columbia, 2004
- Hong Kong Society of Accountants Postgraduate Scholarship, Hong Kong Society of Accountants, 2002
- Hong Kong Society of Accountants Postgraduate Scholarship, Hong Kong Society of Accountants, 2001
- People's Education Scholarship, Nanjing University, 1993
- People's Education Scholarship, Nanjing University, 1992
- Ying Song Scholarship, Nanjing University, 1992
Xiumin enjoys reading biographies, listening to classic and contemporary music, and home interior design.
Xiumin Martin joined Olin Business School in 2007 after graduating from the University of Missouri in Columbia. Before her work towards her doctorate degree Professor Martin worked at Deloitte and Touche Tohmatsu in Shanghai as an Auditor. She is an editor at The Accounting Review, and associate editor at Management Science.
Xiumin Martin's Home Page
Xiumin Martin's Curriculum Vitae
Phone: (314) 935-6331
PhD 2007, The University of Missouri - Columbia
MS 2003, Hong Kong Baptist University
BA 1995, Nanjing University