Professor of Practice in Finance and Academic Director of the Corporate Finance & Investments Platform
Area of Expertise:
Economic Development, Health Economics, International Economics, Banking and Financial Institutions, Corporate Governance
- Director, Vice President and Assistant Secretary, American Hospital Association sponsored AHA Investment Funds
- Board Member, Board of Trustees, Vice President and Assistant Secretary, CNI Charter Funds, Inc.
- Board Member, Project Medishare for Haiti, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine and Port-au-Prince
- Member, Bretton Woods Committee, International Monetary Fund
- Member, World Bank, Civil Society Organization
- FIrst Place Masters Level Core Portfolio, Quinnipiac GLobal Asset Management Education portfolio competition, 2019
- Difference Maker 100, TIAA, 2018
- First place Quinnipiac Global Asset Management Education portfolio competition, Quinnipiac GAME Forum, 2018
Chief Investment Officer of two mutual fund companies. Most recently, The CNI Charter Funds, advised by City National Asset Management, City National Bank of Beverly Hills, CA (2005-2013), where he was Senior Vice President and Director & Assistant Secretary of the mutual fund Board. Prior to that he was CIO of The American Hospital Association sponsored AHA Investment Funds, Chicago, advised by Hewitt Associates (1992-2000), where Solberg headed the Hospital Consulting practice and co-founded the Healthcare Treasury Roundtable; and CCM Advisors (2000-2004), where he was Managing Director. Professor Solberg is a senior consultant to boards of trustees of endowments, foundations and retirement plans.
MBA 1982, University of Chicago
BA 1975, Harvard University