Nicholas S. Argyres
Vernon W. & Marion K. Piper Professor of Strategy
Area of Expertise:
Business/Corporate Strategy, Management Strategy, Critical Thinking, Innovation and Growth, Technology Management, Organizational Design, Organizational Strategy
Strategy and structure; vertical integration, contracting and inter-organizational arrangements; internal organization structure; industry evolution
- "Strategizing Before Strategic Decision Making", Strategy Science, Issue 4, 592-605, with J. Nickerson, 2018
- "Organizational Change and the Dynamics of Innovation: Formal R&D Structure and Intrafirm Inventor Networks", Strategic Management Journal, with L. Rios, B. Silverman
- "The Role of Relationship Scope in Sustaining Relational Contracts Between Firms", Strategic Management Journal, 222-245, with J. Bercovitz, G. Zanarone, 2019
- "Strategic responses to shocks: Comparative adjustment costs, transaction costs, and opportunity costs", Strategic Management Journal, Issue 3, 357-376, with J. Mahoney, J. Nickerson, 2019
- Editorial Review Board Member, Strategic Management Journal
- Academic Director, EMBA St. Louis Program, 2018-present
Personal interests include basketball, tennis, squash, music, and travel.
Professor Argyres joined the Olin Business School faculty in 2008. He was previously Associate Professor at Boston University School of Management. Prior to that, he was Assistant Professor at the Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California. Professor Argyres' research is focused on topics in organizational strategy: organizational boundaries; contracting and inter-organizational relationships; internal organization structure; industry evolution; organizational dissent.
Nicholas S. Argyres' Curriculum Vitae
Phone: (314) 935-6391
PhD 1993, University of California Berkeley