STL Entrepreneurship. Economic Impact. Startup Experience.
CEL Entrepreneurial Consulting Team (CELect)
Research from Mattermark concluded that St. Louis is one of the top five fastest growing cities for startups. Olin’s CELect program is an integral part of the St. Louis startup community. From LockerDome to Sparo Labs, St. Louis startups are capitalizing on the opportunity to engage with WashU student-led consulting teams.
Engaged, Educated, Exceptional
CELect teams are drawn from students across WashU’s campus. Each four-person team has studied entrepreneurship and has applied to participate on a CELect project. The class is taught at the T-REX technology incubator downtown; however, CELect student consultants work with companies from all the entrepreneurial co-working centers, including Helix, CIC, and TechArtista.
CELect students want to work on challenging research-oriented management consulting projects for high-growth St. Louis area startups while getting the opportunity to engage with the founders and senior leadership.
Does Your Startup Qualify?
Your startup may be eligible for CELect if you:
- Are a St. Louis-based early stage company
- Have employees beyond the founders
- Allow students to work directly with founders
- Have outside funding
CELect by the Numbers (2015–2017)
Testimonials for CELect
Founded in 2012, Hatchbuck is a fast-growing marketing automation software company for small businesses.
"We engaged the team to learn how we could best grow Hatchbuck. We asked them to evaluate our marketing, analyze the competitive landscape, and determine acquisition targets." — Don Breckenridge, Co-founder and CEO, Hatchbuck
Read more about the project (pdf).
How It Works
To kick things off, contact the Center for Experiential Learning at email@example.com or +1-314-935-4512. Ask for Amy VanEssendelft.
|Project Scope Defined||»||August||January|
|Team Starts Project||»||September||February|
|Final Recommendations||»||November||April| Step 2
Student Consulting Begins
- Students will choose the selected projects within the first week of each semester.
- Your team of four students will contact you to kick off the project, which includes setting expectations.
- Throughout the process, you have access to the CELect director and CEL personnel as needed.
- Your student team submits a written report and presents its conclusions and specific recommendations to you and the class at the end of the semester.
- You have the opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback to help the CEL continuously improve our services while also helping students improve their skills for future endeavors.
CELect Has Partnered With:
Let's Start a Conversation
We're here to answer any questions you may have about the CEL and our programs.
Fill out our online form
or call +1-314-935-4512