Prepare to Add Value in your Career
Whatever your goals, let’s partner to reach them.
Well before you arrive at on campus, the Weston Career Center works with you to translate your newfound skills into a mid-program internship or post-graduation career. When you emerge with your WashU MBA, you’ll be equipped to lead decisively and make an impact globally.
You’re assigned a Certified Career Management Coach who remains your primary point of career contact throughout your time at Olin. Your coach works in tandem with your academic advisor with the common goal of ensuring your Olin experience prepares you for the career path of your choosing.
Full-Time MBA Career Highlights
Check out employment outcomes for full-time MBAs—including compensation, location, employment by function and job source information—on our Employment Report (PDF)
Land the right position.
Individual coaching includes exclusive features like the Weston Career Services Model, an eye-opening, four-phase process that helps you uncover the unique differentiators that define your value in the marketplace.
The Self/Story/Strategy/Journey model guides you from your early career search stages to successfully landing internships and full-time offers in the industries you’re passionate about.
The Path to Empowerment
Everyone has a different path when it comes to their career. We’re here to help you find yours.
Self: Look inward
What motivates you? What careers interest you? What type of company cultures fit your personality?
Through assessments, worksheets, reflection and partnering with your career coach, you’ll come to a clear understanding of what you want, your differentiating skills and what’s important to you in your future career.
One-on-one coaching, assessment tools and career development events
Story: Get personal
What’s your story? Why are you unique? What do you want to accomplish?
It’s time to create a personal introduction, draft your resume and tap into tools to highlight your unique narrative and skill set. You’ll meet with your career coach to hone your story so you stand out in interviews and when networking.
Job search material best practices, templates and workshops, and personalized coaching and feedback on professional written and oral communication, such as resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile, self-introduction pitch and STAR stories
Strategy: Promote yourself
What type of position do you want? What organizations interest you? How can you best position yourself?
You’ll build a career search campaign and develop a list of target companies that fit with your unique personality and skill set. Your focus is on identifying networking opportunities, attending events and connecting with your Olin community.
One-on-one coaching, career search timelines, practice interviews, networking events, career fairs (in-person and virtual), club professional events and experiential learning opportunities
Journey: Activate your search
Where have you applied? Have you followed up after interviews? Is that offer right for you?
Your career search campaign is in full swing. You’ve developed a list of target companies and are actively pursuing positions at them. And you’re regularly tapping into your career coach, industry experts and other WCC staff for support, interview practice and help evaluating offers.
One-on-one coaching, Olin interview and offer database
You’ll have access to all these Weston Career Center services.
- Career coaching and development: Meet one on one with your MBA career coach and attend industry mini-presentations featuring relevant speakers.
- Individualized and customized interview practice: Let us help you prepare for and practice interviewing. Our team meets with top employers to gather competitive intelligence about their interview processes.
- Job opportunities & networking: Find jobs that match your skill set and experience with assistance from WCC coaches and specialists. And take part in national internship and job fairs, including MBA Summit where students can attend industry panels and engage directly with company representatives, some of whom are Olin alumni.
- Professional contacts: Start aligning with professional contacts among WCC peer coaches and alumni. And participate in an MBA Platform designed to position you for success.
- Premium career resources: As an Olin student, you have access to value-add job search capabilities, leadership development workshops, career guides and online resources like OlinConnect, MBA-Exchange and Management Consulted.
- WCC industry leads: Our industry leads cultivate relationships with employers who have offices regionally, nationally and globally. The insights they glean from recruiters and senior level executives are communicated directly to the career coaches who are then able to advise you on the skills employers want.
- Club collaboration: Get involved—WashU and Olin have 30 graduate organizations in areas including finance, marketing, consulting, entrepreneurship, technology and more. WCC partners closely with Olin organizations to co-sponsor events and provide career-related insights and content for club members. Check out WUGO for groups like the Graduate Business Student Association, Olin Women in Business, Olin Africa Club, Olin Cares and Olin Strategy and Consulting Association.
- Alumni resources: Connect and engage with Olin alumni, who often visit campus for mock interviews and serve as guest speakers, panelists and mentors. Read more about alumni
- MBA treks: Embark on a trek where students and the WCC employer relations team travel to various geographical regions for company visits, career development panels, networking receptions and sometimes interviews.
- Olin Veterans Association (OVA): This organization exists to assist veteran students, alumni and accepted students in transitioning successfully into the business world.
Get to know other MBA students and alumni.
“The Weston Career Center has been instrumental in shaping my career development and helping me navigate the challenges associated with recruiting. The resources made available through the WCC have molded me into a confident and consummate business leader.”
—Nitish Yadav, MBA 2021
Full-Time MBA concentrations and career search timelines
As an MBA student, you can choose to focus your degree in career concentrations that go beyond recommended coursework to include cocurricular activities, alumni networking and job search strategies. Your career coach is well prepared to discuss the concentration platform options and the career implications of your choice.
We’ve created Career Search Timelines in a variety of areas—check out the one that best fits your planned MBA studies. The simple checklists break down the process into small, manageable tasks—semester by semester—so you’re able to seize an opportunity when a potential internship or job open presents itself.
Meet the Full-Time MBA coaching team.
As your career coaching team, we’re your partners in your search for internship and full-time career opportunities. Our job is to equip you with the skills, resources and tools you need to fulfill your career goals. And always remember, although you’re assigned one primary career coach, you have an entire team pulling for you throughout your career journey. Click name to view Linkedin profile.
Certified Career Management Coach - Lead - MBA
Certified Career Management Coach/Certified Resume Writer - MBA
Certified Career Management Coach - MBA
Certified Career Management Coach - MBA
MBA career tools
First Steps Guide: Upon acceptance to the program, you’ll receive the Full-Time MBA First Steps Guide that’s designed to help you navigate through the Self/Story/Strategy/Journey stages of our Career Services Model.
- Reflect on who you are and how you can become a leader who changes the world, for good.
- Create a unique and engaging personal introduction for common interview and networking questions.
- Develop an effective resume that allows you to stand out from other candidates.
- Build a strong LinkedIn profile that will serve as an essential networking tool.
- Schedule one-on-one appointments with your MBA career coach.
OlinConnect: Your resource for career coaching scheduling, job database, event information and offer reporting
- Schedule career coaching.
- Access interactive Olin salary and interview database.
- Apply for internships or jobs.
- RSVP for employer events, career workshops or career fairs.
WashU CNX: The official networking site for WashU alumni and students
- Connect with WashU alumni who share your interests and have careers in your area of study.
- Ask career-related questions in open discussion forums.
- Receive firsthand knowledge of an industry or job.
- Expand your professional network.