Talking with a member of Olin’s Executive MBA Admissions team should be your first step. The goal is to establish an ongoing professional relationship with you, discuss your short- and long-term career aspirations, answer your questions, and, if you decide the Executive MBA program is right for you, guide you through the application process.
Class Calendars (PDF) Starting in September 2017
Criteria for admission
Admissions decisions are based on each individual’s personal qualifications and achievements, and a number of factors are considered. Strong candidates meet the following criteria:
- eight or more years of professional experience and accomplishments
- a decision maker in your organization
- an academic history that demonstrates the capacity for graduate-level business course work
- able to commit to a 20-month program
- expertise and perspectives that enhance the classroom learning environment
- the ability to work well in a team
In addition to the application, Executive MBA admissions requirements include:
(See the Application Process
page for details.)
Most candidates aren’t required to submit GMAT or GRE scores. Exceptions are made for individuals who need to demonstrate mastery of necessary quantitative skills. If you believe test scores would strengthen your application, however, you’re welcome to submit them.
Note: You can submit your material in several stages: the online application and essay first, the supporting documentation – transcripts, recommendation forms, and commitment letter – subsequently.
Transfer of credit
Given the cohort design of our program, we do not accommodate transfer credits.